Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Snips and Snails Baby Banner & Diaper Cake



I was tickled pink when I was asked to make a banner for my soon-to-be grandson. My son had asked that i use the words “Little One” so that he could hang it in the baby’s room. I wanted to use fabrics for the pennants so that it would hang well and last for a while. I had purchased the Snips and Snails mixed media pack and that’s where it all started. With the colors I used, it looks perfect over his changing table! I also made a coordinating diaper cake utilizing paper from Snips and Snails,

STEP 1

The first thing I did was choose the fabrics I wanted to work with, and cut them into the shapes I needed.



Step 2

I then splattered baby blue High Impact Paint and metallic white High Impact paint on all my pennant pieces. When they were dry, I added a light spray of navy blue and old lace Glimmer Mist.



STEP 3

The lettering was cut on my Silhouette Cameo using paper from the Snips and Snails collection. I distressed the edges of the circle with my distresser. I layered the cut out letter on a solid circle so that the baby blue stood out. I then added some burlap ribbon at the top.



STEP 4

For the end pieces, I cut two ovals out of burlap. I used my Big Shot and Tim Holtz’s Tattered Flower template to cut flowers or each end.


STEP 5

For the blue burlap pennant between the words, I used a burlap circle layered on a piece of paper from the collection, and a tag from the new Baby Tag set.


STEP 6

Between the first pennant, and between the words, I tore some denim and canvas to make a fringy look. I then added some navy glimmer mist, baby blue and white metallic high impact paint.


STEP 7

For the penants at each end, I used my Big Shot and cut Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers and adhered them on the burlap ovals.


STEP 8

I then cut some burlap ribbon and adhered to to the top of each pennant piece.


STEP 9

For the finishing touch, I used the Crop-a-Dile and attached bronze eyelets so I could thread the twine through all pieces.




It looks great on the wall above the changing table.  All the colors used are just perfect!



MATERIALS USED:
Canvas Corp Canvas Fabric
Canvas Corp Burlap Fabric- Blue
Canvas Corp Denim Fabric
Canvas Corp Snips and Snails Mix and Match Pad
Canvas Corp New Baby Tag Pack
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist- Navy Blue
Tattered Angels High Impact- Baby Blue
Tattered Angels High Impact- Metallic White
Tim Holtz Tattered Flower Die
Scissors
Big Shot
Silhouette Cameo
Prima Edge Distresser
Crop-a-Dile
Bronze Eyelets


Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Crafting - Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment