Monday, May 29, 2017

No Soliciting!

Do you get tired of the pesky door-to-door solicitors!  I'm not about where you live, but where I live, we get people selling anything from newspapers, to new roofs, to house renovations, and more recently some saying they can lower our electric bill!

Well,  a friend of mine who as a toddler, as well as a couple of dogs, is disgusted with these solicitors tool  She asked me to make a sign for her to display on her front porch to help discourage these solicitors.

With my friend, a door knock or door bell ring, started a chain reaction!  The dogs would start barking, which woke up the baby an made him cry, then you have a very unhappy mother!!
This is the sign we came up with! To my knowledge she hasn't had any further trouble with solicitors at her home.



This was a quick and easy sign to make.  I took a piece of 10 x 16 piece of wood, sanded it down so that it was really smooth.  Added a coupe of light coats of Golden Oak Stain and let dry.  While the board was drying I used my Silhouette Cameo and a piece of 651 Outdoor Adhesive vinyl to cut out the lettering.  I then applied the lettering to the sign and added a piece of deerskin leather to the top so that it can be hung!  And it's a quick way to make a sign when you have limited time!!

Thanks for looking, and as always, have a crafty day ~ Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment