Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Graphic 45 Book Box

I just love G45 products, their paper, as well as their staples.  This book box is one of their Staples.  Inside the box a tag book is included.  I did add some extra tags for my book.

My plan was to make this for a little girl.  Her mom just loves pink and girly, girly stuff.  I went through my stash of paper and came across several different manufacturers of girly paper.

I started by painting the edges, spine, and back cover with pink paint about 1" in from the edge because paper will be added so there's no need to paint the whole outside.  The inside front cover was also painted about 1" in from the edge.  The side inside the box were all painted pink, and the outside of the box was painted only about 1/4" from the edges.

I then began cutting the paper for the outside of the box.  For the front cover, spine, and back cover, I cut the paper about an inch smaller than the size of the cover, spine, and back cover.  When I applied the paper to the box, I added it 1/2" in from all the edges.  Same thing for the spine and back cover.  With all the paper added, you will see about 1/2" of pink paint around the edges of the paper.



To finish off the front cover, I added a small white frame with thin velcro, so that a picture can be added and you can then stick the frame right back on.


To finish off the spine, I added some hardware from my stash, as well as a glitter thicker representing the first letter of the baby's name.

I did the same thing for the inside front cover, I cut my paper 1" smaller than the actual size I needed and applied it 1/2" from all edges.  The inside front cover contains a pocket which holds three different tags that the mom can write on.  Ribbon was attached to the tags for easy removal.  The tags were from Theresa Collins' Chic Bebe Girl line of paper.


To finish up this book box, I made the tag album.  I measured the tags and the placement of the hole at the top and made a file on my electronic cutting machine software to cut out the paper for the tags. That insured a perfect fit and the brass hole at the top is still visible.



For each tag, there is a different theme, and there is a photo mat for a picture on each tag.  Below is a pic of each tag.






I was given a pink Christmas Tree embellishment a while ago.  I had no idea what I would use it for, but it sure came in handy for this tag book Christmas page!

Photo mats were placed on the reverse side of the tags, so additional pictures can be added.  I used the brass ring that came with the tags to hold the mini album together.  And, if more tags need to be added, I can simply order them from Graphic 45.

Hope you enjoyed this box box, and as always, have a crafty day ~ Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment