Saturday, June 3, 2017

G45 Wooden Box



As I stated in a previous post, Graphic 45 paper collections are my favorite.  While it took some time to actually cut the paper, once I got started, I found that it was easy!

For this project I used a wooden box.  I painted the side edges and a portion of the top edges black.  I also painted the inside sides of the box.  I didn't need to paint the whole box, because I will be adding strips of paper so only a small portion of the black will be showing on the outside, and the inside bottom and top will be covered completely with paper.




For this box, I will be using Graphic 45 A Ladies Diary paper collection.  I first chose the paper for the top, cut to size and glued onto the top.  For the top embellishments, I used a couple of the cards and a tag that came with the paper collection.  I also used a Petaloo black flower on the bottom left, a printed flower on the top right, and a die cut dress form.  The middle space looked a little barren, so I added one of Tim Holz's hearts.  I think that gave it the finishing touch.


Now for the inside, I chose two different papers for the inside top and inside bottom.  I'm not one to have the same paper together inside a box or even on a scrapbook layout.  I love to mix patterns, and with the Graphic 45 collections, that's really easy to do!

For the bottom, I added a couple of my favorite cards in the collection.  On the inside top, I used G45 A Ladies Diary pocket and made a tag that I could slip into it.  The ribbon at the end of the tag makes it a little easier to pull out. And on the outside front, I removed the metal closure that came on it, and replaced it with a Tim Holtz clear knob. On the tag, I wrote a message to my BFF, to whom the box was being given.


Well, this concludes My Ladies Diary box.  I hope you enjoyed my version of a simple wooden box.

Have a crafty day ~ Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment