Saturday, June 10, 2017

Minnie Mouse Tag Album with Box

I was asked by a friend's 7 year old daughter if I would make her a little album that she could take with her on her family vacation to Disney.   She also asked if I could make a box for it so that she could "keep it safe".  You can't let a little girl down, so this is what I came up with.


I started out with, of all things, a round cheese box and painted it black.  It needed a couple of coats to cover all the writing on the box.


I made sure that the inside had good black coverage.  then for the top, I only did the edges and about 1" in on the top.


I knew that I wanted to make this into a Minnie Mouse face.  The first thing I did was cut a circle the diameter of the box top.   I then went onto Cricut Design Space and found a Minnie face.  I enlarged and tweaked it to that it would fit perfectly on the top of the box.  I cut circles out for her ears, but had no idea where I was going to place them.  Should I place them on the top of the box?  The bottom of the box?  Well I ended up gluing them to the bottom of the box.  I them made a pink polka dot ribbon to sit between the ears.   The ribbon is attached to the side of the box top.


Next up was the actual album.  I used my Cricut Explore and cut circles out of lightweight chipboard.  I then cut my patterned paper the same size and adhered it to the chipboard.  I added some photo mats and a couple of Disney sticker, punched a hole in the top of each tag, and added a ring to hold it all together.


While Disney usually isn't my style, and I don't really create for children, I have to tell ya.....this was one Happy 7 year old!

Look around and see what you can upcycle!  It's amazing what you can find sitting around your house that can be used for crafting.

Have a great weekend ~ Deb

2 comments: