Thursday, July 27, 2017

Prickly Birthday Card


I needed a Birthday Card in a hurry  It was my Aunt's 94th Birthday!.  For my family that is a huge milestone!!  I didn't have time to run out and buy anything special, so I used what was in my stash.

Since my Aunt loves the desert, I thought a cacus theme would be perfect!  I pulled out my Newton's Nook Cuppa Cactus stamp set, and a DCWV paper pack that was cactus themed.  I colored the cacti with my Prismacolor Colored Pencils using some techniques I learned in my Kit and Clowder Pencil Class, and fussy cut them out.

I used Gina Marie's largest rectangle cross stitch die for the base layer of the card.  I then added a couple of thinner strips of paper from the same paper pack for the cacti to sit on.  I pupped the cacti up with 3d foam squares to give it a more dimensioal look.

I know my Aunt is just gonna love his card!!

Thanks for stopping by!  As always, have a crafty day ~ Deb



1 comment: